You are likely thinking, grilled cheese sandwich? Really? Like I don’t know how to make one? Sure you do, but do you know 31 different ways? I didn’t until now. The picture above is my grilled cheese sandwich and the makings of it are below. But before you get to that you need to see a sampling of the 30 other ways that I found this weekend at the Grilled Cheese Academy (imagine being able to say you graduated from the Grilled Cheese Academy!) Their sandwiches look amazing, so am posting some of their photos that I personally find mouth-watering. Then you can go look at their site and see the rest of them and get their recipes. Here you go….
All of the above photos courtesy of the Grilled Cheese Academy.
Ingredients:4 slices Italian Bread sliced (similar to French Bread) 2 Tbl Mayonnaise 6 oz package of cremini mushrooms Vermouth 4 Tbl. Butter 4 slices bacon (thick sliced) 8 slices of Emmentaler Cheese
- Add 1 Tbl of butter to fry pan and saute the mushrooms till brown. Add a splash Vermouth and pinch of salt.
- Spread mayo on all slices of bread.
- Cut 8 slices of Emmentaler cheese (a type of Swiss cheese). Lay 2 slices down on each piece of bread.
- Divide mushrooms in half and place one half on two slices on top of the cheese.
- On other slice of bread top the cheese with the bacon slices.
- Lay the other slice of bread on top (mayo side down) and spread softened butter on outsides of each sandwich and place in fry pan. Lightly brown the sandwich till cheese melts and then flip over and do the same on the other side.
- Transfer to plate, cut in half, serve with chips and beer.
Yield: 2 sandwiches