New Year’s Eve is almost here, but if you need a couple of quick but elegant canapés, I have two I think you will like.
First up is Olive Tapenade. You start with a basic crostini, add some black olive tapenade, a little creme fraiche and you are on your way to an elegant canapé in a relatively short period of time. Here we go….Ingredients: 1 french bread baguette 1 package Black Olive and Garlic Tapenade (4.8 oz) 1 tub creme fraiche (6 oz) Olive Oil 2 Tbl chopped chives Method: Heat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut baguette in half and cut slices on the bias. You will use the other half of baguette for the next recipe Caviar Crostini.
- Place slices on baking sheet, drizzle olive oil and set under broiler. Once lightly browned, turn over and brown the other side.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Using a teaspoon, carefully spread the tapenade on top of the crostini.
- Place 1/4 tsp or so of creme fraiche on top of the tapenade and sprinkle chopped chives on top.
Ready for the party platter! Now you need to check out the second Black and White Canape, Caviar Crostini.
Yield: 18 canapes